[ale] OT: Bank of America

walter Sams wsams at southernlink.net
Fri Nov 21 17:56:54 EST 2003

If you get a cpa to help with your taxes, they could also help you set
up your books so that you start out with something that makes sense to
accountants.  The most important thing is to set up your chart of
accounts so that your work is accurately reflected in the books and your
cpa understands what you are doing and you understand how the
information flows into through and out of the books.

If you want to handle your business tax return yourself, a good basic
accounting manual would be a great help.

Personally, I have an account review our books at the end of each
quarter to ensure compliance with all the tax forms, then prepare our
tax returns at the end of the year. They also can answer questions on
just how to handle specific transactions properly, like loans, payroll
taxes and deductions, expensing something vs depreciating it, capital
improvements and such.

Since you are using the ALE list quickbooks is out, so there is no need
to bother you with why the irs doesnt like that program ( or me either
for that matter)

Which ever program you try, I would do some reading up on the
installation and setup of the program before I jumped into using it.
its sort of like jumping into Linux after using windows for 10
years---there is a learning curve

Walter Sams
(my experience is running a construction company with 14 employees for
15 years)