[ale] M$ to pay $1.55B for gouging consumers

Charles Shapiro cshapiro at nubridges.com
Fri Nov 21 10:13:26 EST 2003

Uh. Unless you bought Microsoft software in California between 1995 and
2001, you're not in the running.

If you did, you'll get a voucher good for a small cash rebate (up to
$29) on a variety of computer hardware. The vouchers are per purchase,
so it's possible that if you were a big buyer in those years and can
prove it, you could claim a fair large amount of money.

http://www.microsoftcalsettlement.com/FAQ.htm#2

Just goes to show the value of persistence -- California never opted in
to the Federal antitrust settlement w/ the Great Satan.

You can donate your voucher to the FSF if you wish.

http://www.fsf.org/voucher.html

-- CHS