[ale] OT: Bank of America

George Johnson gljay at netzero.net
Thu Nov 20 05:49:49 EST 2003

George Carless wrote:

>>>Lord, some of you people are an insular and reactionary lot, aren't you?
>>>And yet there I was thinking that the free market was the pinnacle of
>>>American ideology!
>>>
>>>Happily stealing your jobs and your women,
>>>--George
>>>

>>Crap!  Here we go again with another anti-American rant from somebody
>>generalizing the thoughts of ~300 million rugged individuals while
>>claiming moral superiority by throwing a wheel of cheese through the
>>window of a McDonalds.
>>

>heh - there *was* a "some of you" in there, you know?  And a tad of
>irony... At any rate, though, I'm anything but anti-American.
>
>--George

Is "Free Trade" really free?  What does it cost us here?  When we had
tarriffs here we did not need an income tax system.  Now look at us.
Not only do we pay for foreign markets to have access to our market but
we are allowing the government access to all kinds of our personal
information via the IRS.  Then there is the control issue.  More tax on
this and less tax on that to control the money flow.

Just my 2 cents worth.

gj