[ale] spamassassin

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 14 17:44:07 EST 2003

Walter,

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 12:40, walter Sams wrote:
> I have an email server which handles our incomming email and our
> interoffice email.  What is the best place to put in spam assassin?
> The server, or my machine?
> My internet email comes in only to my machine through the server, the
> interoffice mail program goes to all clients.

	I'm a neophyte @ spamassassin, but where to put it is: "it depends"
(don't you hate that? ;-).

	If you have several clients using the email server and want to use
Spamassassin, then the server is the logical place.  If you're the only
one (like it is in my case), then put it on your local machine.

	Now, be aware that I'm not familiear with all the ins and outs of SA on
the server.  I'm hoping that someone on the list will pipe up about
that.

	Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller? ;-)

Danny