[ale] SCO article (sorry)

da Black Baron dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 14 15:29:19 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 15:44, Preston Boyington wrote:
> <snipped>
>
> >Since Hollywood is saving money on the computer part...
>
> Check out the latest LinuxUser & Developer magazine.  Their cover
> feature "Lights, camera, Linux!" talks about the movie industry and
> their move to Linux and open source products for film making.
> Dreamworks combines HP computers, Red Hat Linux, and software such as
> Cinepaint (Film Gimp), Maya, Lightwave 3d, and Side Effects Houdini to
> create the bulk of the films we see currently.

What?  Will Lightwave and Maya run under WINE or something?

(,,oBo,,)         |           Wylde  Bill
http://lyst.org   |    wyldechylde at geocities.com

"Here's my family tree.  As far as I can tell, my
relatives were carnival folk who were touring this place called
Hiroshima in the summer of 1945.  Because they lost most of their hair,
they mostly married each other.  And here I am." --The Oblongs

                D.E.A. = State Sponsored Terrorism
          Disempowering government means empowering people.
        http://flag.blackened.net/daver/anarchism/nlm/nlm.html