[ale] bad XFS superblock

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 13 13:10:30 EST 2003

Does XFS have a way to supply an alternate superblock like EXT2 does?
if it does figure out what they may be and try one of them.  Another thing
to try (to rule out bad blocks on the disk) is to run badblocks on it.  If it shows
alot of errors the HDD may be in the process of going bad and you may need
to replace it.  If it just shows a few errors badblocks may be able to fix the issue by
moving things around on the disk a bit.

HTH,
Mike