[ale] (OT) event recording

Charles Shapiro cshapiro at nubridges.com
Wed Nov 12 09:58:50 EST 2003

Uh. Michael and I are discussing this.

I've had real good luck recording various talks and performances with my
minidisc recorder. It's been a minimum amount of work and has resulted
in surprisingly good fidelity.  Transferring to digital format from
there has also worked ok. I'm not real sure there's enough space on the
TWiki for the files though. Perhaps the ALE site could host the
oggs/mp3s?

Another possibility is to go directly to digital via a laptop, sound
card, and mike? And I have an Archos Jukebox 20 hard-disk based mp3
player/recorder with an integrated mike. But the battery doesn't last
too long. Hmm. As I say, we're still discussing this.

-- CHS