[ale] MySQL and Java

Emil P. Man admin at synban.com
Wed Nov 12 20:46:11 EST 2003

Hello ALErs,

I am trying to access MySQL through some Java applets. I do not have any
experience with writing applets for MySQL yet. So here is my issue. I
have downloaded the JDBC driver from MySQL's web site, and tried
installing it. I installed java in /usr/local/java and I have put the
JDBC driver in /usr/local/java/jre/lib/ext/ where they recommend to put
it. I have also changed my CLASSPATH to the full path to the file
(including the .jar file). After compiling and running an applet, it is
still complaining to me about MySQL JDBC Driver not being found. I use
NetBeans IDE but I run the java program from the command line, (after
NetBeans compiles it). I have also mounted the .jar file into the
filesystems in NetBeans as an archive. I am still experiencing this
problem.
So guys, I am stumped. Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance,
Emil P. Man