[ale] OT: 8MM -> VCR?

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Mon Nov 10 13:09:42 EST 2003

> I'd second the recommendation that she consider a Digital 8
> camcorder as a
> replacement. Digital 8 camcorders will play her analog Hi-8
> tapes just fine,

I would like to add that perhaps one should bring a known working tape to
the store and try it in a camera to see if it will play.  I _may_ be
experiencing an abnormality as the 8mm tape I have doesn't seem to have
anything on it.  I haven't dug the other tapes out of storage (yet), but
this is believed to have some misc footage on it (i.e. birth of only child).
needless to say, i am hoping that this particular case is an error in
labeling.  I should know more this next weekend.