[ale] Question for Debian users

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Sun Nov 9 20:05:53 EST 2003

I was looking at Debian (as RH and Suse seem to be waning these days and I
have a more deep resentment over upgrading as I get older) and I was
wondering why Debian users like it over something like Suse or RH ?  I was
also wondering what y'all do for a version upgrade ? is it simply a "build
my pc" command and presto - the new os is done ?  Does Debian keep up with
the latest kernels and linux apps ?  Is it stable ?  The homepage info makes
it seem to be a pretty impressive system.

Also, anyone have any experience with Debian on a Sun sparc64 box ?

TIA,

Greg