[ale] symlinking /var/www/blosxom to /home/user/blosxom?

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 9 12:26:02 EST 2003

Hey all,

   I'm messing with html stuff and blog goofiness. Right now I write on my
PC, then gFTP it to my server in my home directory. Then I telnet to the
server and move stuff to /var/www/blosxom directory. Not the snazziest
solution.

   I'm looking at options. The blog stuff is just text files, so I could
telnet or ssh to the server and use vi or emacs (the server is command line
only, blog entries are simple text files). But I'm thinking of something a
little nicer, like:

   Create a symlink of /var/www/blosxom to /home/username/blosxom on my
server. Create a staging folder on my PC and build in there. Use ftp to move
from my laptop to the home folder on my server. That means I wouldn't have
to then telnet to the server and copy files from /home/username/blosxom to
/var/www/blosxom.

   How do you guys handle it?