[ale] Dell laptop - recommendations?

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Sat Nov 8 07:59:19 EST 2003

> The bad part of the story is the comp shop owner wiped SuSE
> 8.2 off and
> installed a non-licensed version of Windows and a
> non-licensed version of
> MSOffice. Needless to say, I will not be helping with PD in
> any way shape or
> form. If he was local (she lives about a 12 hour drive away)
> I'd file a
> complaint with the BSA.

I used to run a small computer shop and finally had to close my doors
because much of the competition used the practice you described.  I have a
friend that runs a local shop currently and sees this type of thing on a
regular basis.

I personally know of a case where a shop loaded M$ and M$ Office (both
unlicensed) and then CHARGED the elderly woman to remove it from her system.

Needless to say, I have a low tolerance for this type of gutter trash.  As
if you couldn't tell, I would file a complaint with the BSA.