[ale] Fedora and RHN?

walter Sams wsams at southernlink.net
Thu Nov 6 17:38:04 EST 2003

I am new this list and am looking for some pointers and possibly some
physical assistance with migrating my RH9 network to another
distribution, most likely Mandrake 9.2.

The reason is this business with RH trying to force me to buy the
2500.00 server program and pay 179/yr/machine for continued access to
updates and patches. I dumped M$ for this same approach and I can dump
RH also.

If someone has converted RH to Mandrake I would appreciate insight as to
how complicated it might be.

If someone is very confident of their skills and wants to discuss
handling this upgrade/changeover for me, please email me directly, as I
would prefer to have a person more knowledgable than myself do the
changeover. I use 2 servers and 4 clients.

I can be reached at wsams at southernlink.net

My office is located in Comer Ga, 16 miles northeast of Athens.  (no I
am not a bulldog fan)

I was referred to this list by a Linux consultant who likes to handle
security and firewall type stuff for large companies and does not like
to do the more routene administration duties.

Thank you

Walter Sams
SamsCo Htg. & Air, Inc.