[ale] Fedora and RHN?

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Nov 6 15:34:26 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 06:49:56AM -0600, Preston Boyington wrote:
> > Personally, I am now looking for a new *nix distro to run my servers
> > on.  I've been a supporter of Redhat for my server solutions
> > for a while
> > now, but $179/year minimum is too rich for me, sad to say.
> >

> Debian...

Question.  How is Fedora Core 1 any different from, say, RedHat Linux 9?

People are complaining about how Redhat isn't supporting non-enterprise
users any more, bla bla bla.. but.. they didn't support Joe Random
Downloader anyway.  If you wanted support from RH you had to pay for it
before, be it in the form of a boxed set or a commercial/enterprise
arrangement or whatever.

If you were already paying RH money, you'll keep paying 'em money.  If
you weren't paying 'em money before, you don't have to pay 'em a dime to
continue receiving the same level of support they always provided -- ie,
none.  In short, nothing has changed.

What has changed from the user's perspective?  s/RedHat/Fedora/g
That's it.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                   pizza at f*cktheusers.org
                                                           ICQ #1318444