[ale] OT: 8MM -> VCR?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed Nov 5 15:15:03 EST 2003

  A friend of mine is in a panic, her Camcorder died, it's a Sony CCD-FX
that uses 8mm tapes.  She wants to put them in a VCR to watch or
capture.  My grandfather used to have what looked like a VCR Tape that
popped open and he put a 4mm tape in and he could watch it on his VCR.
She's looked for those and has only found some for "VHSC" but not for
8mm.  Has anyone seen anything that might work for an 8mm solution?

  One for you AV buffs, she's looking for a new digital camera but
doesn't know what's good.  Her top budget is $400, suggestions?

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
  Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
    Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.