[ale] Lexmark Z12 & RH 9

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Nov 5 10:33:49 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Geoffrey wrote:

> tfreeman at intel.digichem.net wrote:
>
> > A google search hasn't shown anything usefull so far, and I'm not a
> > printer guru by a country mile plus. Anybody got a clue they want to
> > share??
>
> What version of RH?  I know I've had problems in the past on RH when I
> had both cups and lprng installed at the same time.  I removed lprng,
> and all was well.

The RH version is 9, stock from the CD install. lprng doesn't seem to be
installed, but I really should check. The printer is seen by the USB
subsystem, and correctly identified (checked with usbview). The RH printer
setup routine shows the correct (I think) device node, /dev/usb/lp0,
claims to know how to setup for Lexmark Z12, and claims to be unable to
locate the USB device when the test page is requested. There was also an
error message recorded in /var/log/messages, which I of course forgot to
write down.