[ale] future of ALE NW

Christopher Gilbert chris_gilbert at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 5 02:16:08 EST 2003

<rant style="bombastic">

It would have been nice for there to have been some advanced notice.  If
this counts as an organizational meeting for KSU's student LUG then it
does not bode well for student involvement.
For example the Information Systems club papered Clendenin with notices
about their organizational meeting.  I would have settled for a post to
this list.  I was told student officers were appointed?

</rant>

My apologies if this meeting was publicized and I have my head up my
arse, or if the meeting was not as I have characterized it.

But to respond to what Geoffrey wrote, my thinking is that because so
many of the upper level CS classes are being taught at night now. It may
be difficult to find a time that works for both students and those lucky
enough to be employed.  I have a Thursday night class with no less that
five students w/ linux notebooks.  Short of moving to weekends I don't
see how to work it out with just one meeting. I don't know if ppl are so
geeky as to show up for a friday night meeting or not.

Just my 2 cents as a KSU student...