[ale] future of ALE NW

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Nov 4 16:50:22 EST 2003

There was a meeting held this afternoon at KSU to discuss the future of
the ALE NW meetings.  Of late, the attendance has dropped dramatically.
  It's been quite difficult to get presenters as well.

At any rate, I wanted to get feedback on some possible solutions.  We
are considering moving the meetings to the afternoon, around 12:30 or
so, in order to permit more students to attend.  Unfortunately, KSU has
a large number of evening classes and many students who would likely
attend the ALE meetings can not make it because of conflicts.

For those folks who are not students of KSU, but have attended ALE NW
meetings and would like to continue to do so, I'd like to get some
feedback on such a change. Can you/will you still be able to attend?

For any students who might be on the list, I'd like to get your feedback
as well.  Will such a change enable you to make more meetings?  Do you
think other students would attend who currently do not?

Thanks in advance for the input folks.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net