[ale] any ALE members familiar with embedded linux?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Nov 4 10:18:35 EST 2003

Mike Panetta wrote:

> If you want an "embedded" linux without the cost of buying one of the
>  major distros (which can be very expensive) you may want to look at
> the Linux Router Project.
Quote from the lrp page:

The operating system that helped to create the embedded Linux
marketplace, the Linux Router Project (LRP), is dead.

The page is still active though:

http://www.linuxrouter.org/

Read the main page, it's a sobering statement of the state of IT.

Now on the up side, I would say that this is a prime opportunity for
someone to pick up the ball and run with it.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net