[ale] BTTV?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri May 30 07:55:53 EDT 2003

Marvin Dickens wrote:
>>options bttv pll=1 radio=0 card=63 tuner=2 gbuffers=4
>

> Bad netiquette to post to your own post, but looking back through the
> thread (I read Geoffry's post and shot the answer off...) after I sent
> my post, I realized I forgot to tell you that you need to look into the
> bttv how-to and figure out which card you have. My card, which is an ATI
> TV-Wonder is card number 63 (card=63). I know you said it was a no name
> card, but so few companies made tv cards with the bttv chipset that they
> are bound to be listed. Get the card number right and your in business.

This is true, and the bulk of the noname cards are either the older
Hauppauge bt848 or newer bt878 chipset.  I've got both and the work
great.  The bt848 is card=2, whereas the bt878 is card=10.  Also note
that if it's just a capture card, with no tuner, you'll need to set our
tuner type=4.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...