[ale] Who's Your Mother...

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri May 30 07:51:40 EDT 2003

Christopher Russell wrote:
> Who's your Mother..?
>
> Bringing back to life an ASUS A7N8X mobo is more time than it's worth...
>
> So who's your Mother.., your favorite motherboard?  What would you buy
> today, to drop in an Athlon XP 2.0+ CPU, run RH 8.0 or 9.0 in a home LAN
> environment...

You know this is really a tough question.  MBs come out so often, that
I'd normally do research on the latest stuff before even answering.

Although it was a rough start, I've had good luck and been pleased with
my current board, ECS Elitegroup k7s5a.  I've got an Athlon 1800 in
here, but it will handle faster Athlon cpus as well.  It's rock solid
now, but initially, I had some problems, part of which may have been
self induced, but, I was able to overcome them.  The initial problem was
that the box would lock up when playing games.  The solution was to
build a custom kernel rather then go with the stock kernel that came
with the Mandrake dist. I was using at the time.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...