[ale] thread protocal was . . Re: contract work, was

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Thu May 29 14:19:41 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 13:19, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> So, this has evolved into a totally different thread.  I've changed the
> subject to reflect as such, but wondering if that's acceptable
> protocol???  Seriously...

Jumping threads Suits me... When you have been invited to discuss
possibly providing services to a customer, the customer is total aware
of the failings and short comings of the system or application in
question.They know what it will do and what it will not do. To point out
to them the obvious (Or at least it should be if your the one going to
provide the services) to the client, pisses them off and further makes
them vulnerable (Whether perceived or real...). By the very nature of
corporations and corporate cultures, you stick to what is important to
them. Not what is important to you or else they *WILL* find another
vendor of services that understands the importance of what they think is
relevant. Through time you can change idea's and strategies, but not in
an instance. It's a Rome was not built in a day kind of thing...

Best

M. Dickens