[ale] NVIDIA cards and drivers

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Wed May 28 17:01:02 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 10:49 am, James wrote:
> Then the casual desktop user might want to consider Mac OSX if they want to
> continue using a UNIX style operating system. Linux is not geared towards
> an every day user. If you wish to use it as a desktop operating system you
> need to accept the fact that you are going to have to do some work to get
> it that way no matter what distribution you use.

Agreed. Even Windows requires considerable effort. If the expectations are for
something which  "just works" and ""just keeps working", maybe computers
aren't appropriate.

Irv -  who is really annoyed that my car requires an *oil change* every so
often. What nerve, all the money I paid them, and they want me to change the
oil too? Car owners shouldn't have to go thru all this!