[ale] NVIDIA cards and drivers

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue May 27 23:10:26 EDT 2003

That is good. I was able to get the drivers to work also.

However, I look at the fact that I like to re-install a lot. 3 computers every
3 months or more. According to the time it took you, it would take me 30
minutes each session or 2 extra hours a year of configuration (and that
discounts the fact that the new drivers are just that NEW. They are a
solution to a problem that has existed for years).

Are you still sold on Nvidia?
Try this: I put the card in my box, enabled 3D using nothing but the mouse
(only because the default is set to "disabled"). Done. No more than 1 minute
to work with the CHEAPER, OPEN SOURCE ATI. Less time than it took to
configure my LAN card or mouse or HD (I like to select XFS and add
encryption). Moreover, I didn't have to download a driver!

Nvidia works, it's just harder to get it TO work.

Support Open Source Video Cards.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com