[ale] USB CF Reader?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue May 27 14:34:31 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 14:07, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 May 2003 12:31 pm, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> > >
> > > Were you able to get it to read any SD media?  It sounds like I have
> > > the same device, but I've only ever been able to read CF media, not
> > > SD.  Do they end up at the same place for you?
> >
> > I was able to read and write to the SD card. That's how I moved some
> > stuff to my Zaurus. I have not tested the CF media as I don't have any
> > (yet).
>
> Hmm.  What fs is on your SD?  I wonder if my problem is that my SD is ext2
> and my CF is vfat.

My SD is vfat.

> I didn't realize you had joined the Zaurus club.  Welcome.  Do we need to
> form an ALE subgroup--AZE?  ;-)

I caught the deal announced on /. from the shopping channel. Under $200!
As soon as I can actually synch this thing I'll be a card toting member
of AZE! I tried a perl script I found on the zaurus site (one of them,
I'm not sure which ?unofficial zaurus?) and it scrambled my evolution
files. Fortunately, I did a tar before I tested so the restore was a one
liner. Been to busy to play with it for far too long. I'm about to pop
to get the CF 802.11b card!

Ah, toys that can also be tools!