[ale] New website for H1B [Slightly OT]

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Tue May 27 14:31:35 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 14:07, roncordell at attbi.com wrote:

>>>>>>Snip<<<<<<

I've followed this thread as well as the previous ones related to this
topic with a great deal of interest. I also find the H1B thing
disturbing, but for different reasons. America has *always* lead the
world regarding cutting edge technologies: Their development,
implimentation and maintenance.  Now, I'm not anti NAFTA or anything
like that... But, if I am anti anything, it is the importation of high
technology workers based soley on price. This creates a sweat shop
mentality and waters down the American intellectual stream.

In the short run, yes improvements are seen in the bottom line of what
technology costs. But, it does not change the fact that this type of
behavior is, in the long run, bad for America because less intelligent,
under motivated Americans will be the only ones willing to take the high
technology jobs that in the future, do not pay well.

Call me crazy and even flame me. But, it's how I see it.

Best

M. Dickens