[ale] USB CF Reader?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue May 27 12:31:35 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 11:33, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:
> On Sunday 25 May 2003 01:38 pm, James P. Kinney III wrote:
>
> > I had to recompile my scsi drivers to add "check all LUN's" so my reader
> > would recognize all of it' sockets. I have a USB San-Disk ImageMate
> > reader that support CF and SD media. Then it was recognizable. Some
> > tweaking with /etc/fstab and it can auto mount (with some tweaks in the
> > gnome automount daemon).
>
> Were you able to get it to read any SD media?  It sounds like I have the
> same device, but I've only ever been able to read CF media, not SD.  Do
> they end up at the same place for you?

I was able to read and write to the SD card. That's how I moved some
stuff to my Zaurus. I have not tested the CF media as I don't have any
(yet).

I just replaced the laptop I had this setup on so I can't test for sure.
But I recall that the SD memory stick came up as sdb1 as I already had a
scsi pcmcia card adapter that took up sda.

I'll be finishing the setup on that laptop later this week and I'll
double check the device that the SD card is accessible from.