[ale] video card recommendation?

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Mon May 26 19:39:52 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 19:19, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> I have just bought a Matrox card (due to Geoffrey and Suse's comments) and an
> ATI to see if one will install correctly from boot.

The Matrox cards are probably the best supported cards in Linux if you
look at it from a single video card vendor point of view. Further, my
experience with Matrox cards goes all the way back to the old IBM
6150/51 RT: Matrox made the MegaPixel frame buffer card that went into
that machine. For it's time, that card was *AWESOME*.

Regarding 3D abilities of matrox cards in Linux, I have absolutely no
experience. Please post the results to this list. I am interested to
find out what you think from a performance point of view.

Best

M. Dickens