[ale] Bilingual Content

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu May 22 12:29:18 EDT 2003

Kevin O'Neill Stoll wrote:
> You mentioned that you have someone who is capable of translation. So
> that I can budget properly, what do I need to prepare for in the way
> of hourly or project cost?
>
> Maybe, so much per page or per word count?

You know, I have no idea.  It happens that I know a guy who speaks both
Spanish and English fluently.  I asked him to review a web page that was
translated using various software solutions.  He then told me that there
really wasn't any software out there that does a reasonably good job at
this and said that he runs a company that does just this, manually.  I
never requested any quotes.  He wasn't soliciting work either, just
mentioned it as a point of experience.  I can contact him if you're
interested and find out how he bills it if you'd like.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...