[ale] slack rulez!!

David S. Jackson dsj at sylvester.dsj.net
Thu May 22 00:50:30 EDT 2003

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 11:43:55PM -0400 George Johnson <gljay at earthlink.net> wrote:
> My problem with slack is trying to upgrade from 8.1 to 9.0.  I have
> found no upgrade option after booting to the new cd.  Do I have to dump
> my old install and install from scratch?

The traditional Slack upgrade is to telinit 1, and remove all the
packages and install the new ones.  Or you could backup your data
and config partitions/files/directories, nuke and reinstall.

I chose the method in the UPGRADING.TXT file on the CD.  Worked
fine, and then I ran the dropline installer on top of that.  No
major problems.

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net