[ale] slack rulez!!

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Thu May 22 00:05:01 EDT 2003

Although one of the attractions of slackware is building your own
packages, it is still nice to know where prebuilt slackware packages
live on the net:

http://slackpacks.tchelinux.com.br/
http://kreiger.linuxgods.com/slackpack/
http://linuxpackages.net/
http://malagasymusic.free.fr/

"The Unofficial Revised Slackware Book" lives at:

http://slackbook.yoshiwara.org.uk/

and is more current than the official version which resides at

http://slackware.com/book/

For reasons that are beyond me (As well as others who I know),
http://www.slackware.com does not have a general mailing list. The site
does have lists for Slackware announcements and security issues, just
not a general users list. Usenet has alt.os.linux.slackware but, it is
totally unusable because of all the spam it is bombarded with.

Best

M. Dickens