[ale] rootkit strike

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Wed May 21 17:07:12 EDT 2003

I did not specify that I was referring to you. However, "if the shoe fits" as
you are implying it does, wear it. Secondly, the purpose for making the
statement was so that people would know that I am not trying to be a troll
(that I am really seeking knowledge).

However, my understanding is that a "troll" would be someone who hops on a
thread, gets defensive/argumentative, posts unrelated material to the thread,
and has behavior that can start and continue flamewars.

I believe that you have met all of these attributes in your post below.
Ironically, I am reposting your entire reply - and not save the bandwidth for
illustration. Finally, if you have comments or want clarification or
something, please contact me offlist.

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 02:47 pm, Synco Gibraldter wrote:
> On Wed, 21 May 2003, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> > My question (not trying to be a troll like that guy pushing the "other"
> > thread on this list today):
>
> how you gonna call me a troll?  if you have some insult for me, at least
> do your best to relate it to what i've done to piss you off.  as far as
> i'm concerned, i've laid out a reasonable argument and had some
> constructive conversations [minus a few].
>
> the 'other' thread was 'pushed' because a lot of people disagreed with me
> and we had some good dicussion about that.  i don't see how that makes me
> a 'troll' -- i would call myself a 'stubborn jackass' or something before
> something as outlandish as a 'troll.'

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com