[ale] odd error message

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Tue May 20 09:34:11 EDT 2003

On Monday 19 May 2003 08:20 am, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> When running Konky as a web browser,
> I get this message every time I open a new page:
>
> "There was an error loading the module KMOZILLA.

KMOZILLA is, I believe, the modules that lets konqueror use the mozilla
rendering engine (aka 'gecko') instead of the pure KDE engine (aka KMTML).
Somehow your KMOZILLA got screwed up.

Does knoqueror run at all for you?  If it does, try going to View->ViewMode
and select KHTML instead of KMOZILLA.

If not, see if you can find the place in the konqueror config file that
specifies KMOZILLA.  It's probably in ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror
somewhere.

FWIW, I get the same error when I try to use KMOZILLA, too.  I'm running RH
8.0.

--Michael