[ale] 128Mb GeForce 4 at MicroCenter

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Mon May 19 00:42:27 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-18 at 22:55, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> FYI: MicroCenter has a stack of plain packaged 129Mb GeForce 4 cards sitting on
> the front discount tables near the register.  They are tagged as '$129', but the
> real cost is $69 after a $30 mail-in rebate.

Hi Jim,

Is the rebate from the manufacturer or from who...? I know it sounds
silly, but I've been burned twice regarding rebate offers on brand name
products that offered rebates from 3rd parties (other than the mfg...).

FWIW, I got burned on a SONY monitor I purchased from COMPusa. COMPusa
promised a $100.00 rebate payable through them and they never paid. I
told SONY about it and they didn't send me the money but, they did send
me  two certificates good for 50% off of the next SONY products that I
purchased that cost $300.00 or more. The second burn was on a Philips
cdrw purchased from a mail order house in Florida. Philips basically
told me they did not care: Gee, do ya think I'll ever buy anything made
by Philips again...?

Best

M. Dickens