[ale] Favorite Linux GUI for a laptop.

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Sat May 17 22:46:29 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-05-17 at 20:25, Jim Popovitch wrote:

>  What I would like to know is what is
> everyone else's opinion on the best GUI for a Linux laptop.

Well in order of lightest to heaviest window managers that have real
functionality I'd look at:

1.) Blackbox
2.) XFCE

Reverse the order if your looking for good looks... XFCE can be really
good looking and ***FAST***. FWIW, I use XFCE on a couple of machines
and it's got good functionality. Now, Blackbox is as minimalist as I'll
go and still call it a window manager (At least with a straight face...)
thats truly usable.

Best

M. Dickens