[ale] xmms

Sat May 17 11:43:18 EDT 2003

well, I just installed RH 9.0 as a desktop on my main machine and I am
experiencing a small issue concerning xmms. Since rh 9.0 comes without mp3
support I went out to xmms and got the rpm for an mp3 patch. After
upgrading to the latest kernel, my sound card finally worked, but whenever
I try to play an .mp3 file, after the first second, xmms locks up. I tried
killing the process from a terminal, but if I try to bring it back up, it
does nothing. Has anybody else experienced this issue with xmms?
Thanks,
Emil