[ale] GIMP

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Fri May 16 12:44:39 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 12:32, Marvin Dickens wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 11:53, tom hawks wrote:
> > I have a qestion I cannot figure out even though it
> > has an easy answer I am sure. I made a scriptfu banner
> > and it has white space behind the logo. How do I go
> > about making it the same color as my website
> > background?

The last post I made in this thread, I showed you how to make a
transparent backgound... I'm not sure that's what you want. Anyway, here
is how to make the image you created with scriptfu have the exact same
color as your webpage.

1.) Take a screen shot of your webpage. Open the screenshot in gimp and
using the color picker, copy the background color of the webpage.

2.) On the image your created with scriptfu, do the following

Right click on your image --> Layers --> Layer To Imagesize

Left click on the "background" to high light it. Push the button with
the UP ARROW on it until the background is raised to the top of the
image. In the MAIN DIALOG of the GIMP, Left click on the BUCKET button
(Be sure you have already picked the color from the snapshot of the
webpage) and use it to color the background with the color of your
webpage. Now, left click on the DOWN ARROW button to lower the
background back to the bottom of the image stack.

Best

M. Dickens