[ale] Why SCO executives should be lined up and shot...

Transam bob at verysecurelinux.com
Thu May 15 20:53:48 EDT 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 02:19:05PM -0400, John Wells wrote:
> Marvin Dickens said:
> > On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 07:56, John Wells wrote:

> >> Put on the waders, boys, the FUD is getting deep in here.

> > Maybe, maybe not.

> The truth is, it doesn't have to be true or accurate to have a negative
> effect on the adoption of Linux by companies.  It only has to cast doubt
> in the mind of those managers who make these decisions...and I believe
> that's exactly what it's doing.  Furthermore, it may drag out in court,
> which will only contribute to this FUD.

This is very true, i.e., that inaccurate FUD can have a negative effect.
Let's see.  M$ uses the Berkeley stack, I'm a Berkeley developer, hmmm.
Maybe I should send a nasty letter to every M$ customer.  Maybe
Apple should over M$'s stealing the GUI concept from them for Windows.

> While more of a conspiracy theory...it'd make perfect sense to see M$
> pulling SCO's strings in this case... ;)  Now, I don't really believe
> that, but I'll bet folks at M$ had a party when this news came out...

I'm fond of saying "Never put off to conspiracy what can be explained
by incompetence."  Goodbye SCO.

> John
Bob