[ale] Ale Netiquette...

Joseph Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Thu May 15 06:59:43 EDT 2003

"John Wells" <jb at sourceillustrated.com> writes:

> I know this has been suggested in the past, but I was wondering if we
> could get a few guidelines added to ale.org regarding posting.  Those I'm
> specifically interested in seeing as official "suggested" guidelines are:
>
> 1. Truncating all but the most relevant parts of a message/thread when
> replying.  My Ale box is constantly filling up because folks don't
> truncate when replying...so I get kb after kb of wasted space and wasted
> bandwidth...

Yeah, it's ironic that people who complain about wasted bandwidth
due to spam (a perfectly reasonable complaint) can't be bothered
to trim 15K of useless quotations when adding a one-line comment.

When removing quoted material, please *do* mark your snips
in some way, so we know stuff was cut. And please ensure that
all attributions remain intact, so that we can tell who wrote
what, even when posts are trimmed.

This URL pretty much gets it all right:

[scissors of brevity]

Cheers,