[ale] first "spammer" gets arrested?

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Thu May 15 07:26:51 EDT 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> Did a spammer send you too much email - or did you suffer identity theft?
> In other words, what happened to you that was so bad - that it makes you have
> such fantasies?

Maybe he has kids. I created a new email alias for my son and within three
days, the account was swamped with various flavors of porn spam. The
account hadn't even been used to send or receive email yet. This was
several years ago. The problem is MUCH worse now. These individuals just
blast the stuff out there with little to no regard for the fact that the
recipient might be a young child. I personally had no desire to have to
explain why that strange man has boobies, or what exactly it is that the
horny college girl wants to suck out of him. Those kind of discussions
eventually have to take place, but it is up a child's parents to decide
when...not some anonymous shithead out on the net.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security