[ale] first "spammer" gets arrested?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu May 15 07:39:15 EDT 2003

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> Wow. Are you one of those people that get all bent out of shape because of
> spam - or is your personal issue with the fraud?
>
> I have always been more offended by the spam haters more than the spammers -
> and never understood why they get sooooooo incredibly upset about spam. Seems
> kinda like throwing a temper-tantrum when an insect bites.

Regardless of what folks say about the internet, it has only so much
capacity.  Spammers are wasting this capacity.   It's so cheap for them
to send a billion email messages out, all they need is maybe one person
to bite.  Compare it to watching a tv program with a commercial every 2
minutes.  Would that be okay?  I get more email then spam, but I get a
ton of email.  Most 'normal' folks get far more spam then they get
email.  Is this acceptable, I do not think so.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...