[ale] Frys opening in Duluth

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Wed May 14 21:11:32 EDT 2003

On Wed, 14 May 2003 tfreeman at intel.digichem.net wrote:
> I'm beginning to wonder if there is _any_ major retail outlet able to
> avoid massive ignorance, woeful customer service, painful policies. And
> having worked a little retail myself, the damn general public/customer
> doesn't help at all.

I ordered a couple parts for my telescope today...both from web retailers,
one was someones personal page on e-bay w/ paypal, the other was some
company I found after searching.  Within 10 minutes of ordering, I had
e-mails from both confirming the order - one automated, one from someone
in sales letting me know the item was backordered.  I replied, asking for
an ETA, he replied with lots of info, I replied back with a little joke
about the supplier (someone well known in astronomy clubs) which got a
small comment back.

I have found a retailer I like now.  Too bad the computer industry is too
cut-throat to have this kinda service.