[ale] Frys opening in Duluth

Klepinger, Aaron Aaron.Klepinger at CompuCredit.com
Wed May 14 17:11:40 EDT 2003

Many stores pay "commision" for extended warranty sales.  I'm sure Best Buy
is no different.  Notice how you often can't find a person that knows squat
about the products, but they can read you the extended service agreement
word for word?  :)

-ak

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Newcombe [mailto:Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 4:38 PM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: Re: [ale] Frys opening in Duluth

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Ray Knight wrote:
> The problem with Best Buy, is that unlike most other electronics
> retailers their employees are not paid commission.  This gives them no
> incentive to provide good customer service or to learn anything about
> their products.  If you are paid the same regardless of how much you
> sell, why try to sell anything?

>From what I was told by someone that used to work there, than while they

may not be paid commission, they are paid/commissioned/whatever by the
number of extend service agreements they sell...that's why they get
friendly after you decide to buy something.

information that is intended only for use by the named recipient.
If you are not the named recipient, any disclosure, dissemination,
or action based on the contents of this message is prohibited.
In such case please notify us and destroy and delete all copies
of this transmission.  Thank you.