[ale] NewbieQ on tunnelling SSH

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon May 12 09:35:49 EDT 2003

Hello,

This is easy!  Me and my enigneers do this all the time.

#1) Set up a script in your home directory

#!/bin/sh
exec ssh -p <port> $@

We do this because we have ssh access on a different port.

#2) Setup your CVS env vars

CVS_RSH=~/cvsremote.sh
CVSROOT=cfowler at 64.129.133.253/u01/ENS/CVS
export CVS_RSH CVSROOT

You should not have to do a login any more.  Typing 'cvs co <module>'
will prompt you for your ssh password unless you are using key authentication.