[ale] APC UPS

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Wed May 7 14:37:03 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 14:25, Transam wrote:

> UPS batteries usually last 5-8 years.  When they fail price battery
> replacement vs. a new unit.  I've had excellent luck with:
>
>      Batteries Plus
>      770-495-1644
>      770-495-1640:FAX 2045 Pleasant Hill Road
>      Duluth, GA 30096
>      (Next to Pier 1 imports on the South side of Pleasant Hill Rd,
>      just West of I85.)
>      M-F 8-8, Sa 9-5, Su 11-5

I have not purchased a new ups in ages... I've been purchasing used
ones. What I do is offer a price that reflects my belief that the
batteries are shot and need replacing. Typically, after paying shipping
and replacing the batteries, I am between 35 and 40 cents on the dollar
as compared to the same ups purchased as new equipment. FWIW: I've
bought both APC and Triplite as used. Experience has taught me that APC
makes a more durable product.

Best

M. Dickens