[ale] Re: First Linux crash!

Jim Lynch jwl at sgi.com
Wed May 7 08:57:21 EDT 2003

Only 2 partitions, / with 55% free and /backup1 with 75% free  /backup1
is a 35Gb partition.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't filling up.  The
filesystem being backed up was only about 4.5 Gb and was comressed.  I
don't know exactly how large the actual transfer was, but it died within
a minute of beginning the transfer.  I don't suspect that's enough time
to fill up a 35 Gb partition over a 10baseT connection.

Good thought, however.

Thanks,
Jim.