[ale] APC UPS

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Tue May 6 11:41:50 EDT 2003

Russell,

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 10:58, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> I have been using a Tripp-lite #500 for seven or eight years now
> and the only thing that has failed on it is the warning beeper. It
> has never failed to catch a power flicker.
> When this one dies I'll buy another one.

	I've not had mine that long, but it's been extreamly reliable.  It was
catching all of the power hiccups last night from the storms, and the
computers were fine.

	Costco had them for a pretty good price a while ago.  I don't know if
they still do or not.  Mine is a Tripplite OmniSmart 725, and while I
don't remember what I paid at the time, I *think* it was around $130 or
so.  It comes with software for UNIX/Linux, which is an improvement over
APC of a few years ago.

Danny