[ale] Large File-System Support w/2.4.9 using megaraid driver

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Tue May 6 08:27:19 EDT 2003

Steve,

On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 19:05, Steven A. DuChene wrote:
> Yes, but if I am understanding Jonathan's problem correctly he is not yet
> at the filesystem creation point. He is simply trying to partition the logical
> drive. Should have nothing to do with large file support yet.

	I agree, but user progs must still use glibc to access the block
device, and that includes fdisk, cfdisk and the like.  If they're
getting large negative numbers, perhaps the underlying driver isn't 64
bit clean yet.

	If he was using glibc <2.2.x, then the problem *could* still be glibc.
I've simply eliminated one possibility.  I'm now thinking about the
driver, but another thought just reared it's ugly head: the partition
table itself.  I don't know the format, but it's been short-sighted
before, no?  What, only 10 bits for number of sectors, or something like
that?

Danny