[ale] Quick & Dirty CAD (mechanical)

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Mon May 5 12:28:56 EDT 2003

Hi ALE,

  Anyone have a suggestion for a Very easy to use CAD like program?  I need something quick & dirty to draw a Very rough floor-plan of my apartment.

  I tried Gimp, QCAD & Cycad, but none were quite quick & dirty enough (since they all had a learning curve of more than 5 min for me).  I'm an old hack at AutoCAD (the DOS version).

  Failing to find a quick drawing program, I guess I'll see if I can't get my scanner running and use my hand drafted floorplan (which looks 500% better than what I was able to do in the same amount of time in Gimp).

--
Lost in Tokyo,
  Keith