[ale] OT: building a WAP with linux...

Jerry Yu z.yu at voicecom.com
Mon May 5 10:01:54 EDT 2003

	I did it such thing recently, no AP, just another LAN on a
seperate private network, using Ad-hoc mode (aka, peer-to-peer mode) under
a stripped Redhat 9.  You will need  the wireless-tools pacakge (iwconfig
and stuff ) plus driver for your own brand of wirless NIC. iptables
 did the police work just fine. My next step is to set up IPSEC vpn on
the wireless interface and allows thru only VPN, as someone
pointed out 128-bit WEP encryption is still not enough.